Error 651 Windows 7 is well known trouble that happens when you are trying to connect Internet. This problem happens because of raspppoe.sys which is stored in drivers folder on your PC and its pathway is written in registry database of PC. There are a number of other reasons why error 651 happens in Windows 7, however, in this piece of writing you would learn how to resolve this matter instantly. And make your computer secure.
Fundamental thing to fix error 651 Windows 7 is to change raspppoe.sys. Go behind these steps.
- Go to windows explorer.
- Open your system drive. (C:\)
- Double click on the folder named Windows.
- Now double click on folder named System 32.
- Go to Drivers folder.
- Copy raspppoe.sys from a different Windows 7 PC and paste there.
If error 651 Windows 7 problem still happens then you ought to rename raspppoe.sys to something unusual. Go behind these steps;
- Open your PC and go to your system drive.
- Double click on Windows folder and then get to System 32.
- Double click on Drivers.
- Rename raspppoe.sys to raspppoe.old
- Restart your PC.
Another helpful tip to fix error 651 Widows 7 is to re-register RAS PPPeE file. Go behind these steps.
- Click on Start button.
- Go to Run.
- Type "regsvr32 raspppoe.sys" without quotes and press Enter.
Scan and cleanse Windows for viruses:
Error 651 Windows 7 problem may happen when your system is infected with a virus. In this circumstances you should scan system with a vigorous antivirus.
Fix Windows registry:
Windows registry is root cause behind this error 651 in Windows 7. Windows registry is catalog where operating system stores information related to installed applications, Windows settings, driver paths, hardware configuration and entirely other settings related to Internet. You ought to clean Windows registry in order to fix various errors.